Monday 14 April 2014


WORK EXPERIENCE

Job purpose and reason for working in a media classroom

Working at Leyton Sixth Form College I was given the initiative to support student progression in a media class, under the direction of a line manager by being involved in students educational, social and development curriculum and contributing in its expansion as a member of a team. This work experience will give me a chance to see if working in a classroom would enhance my ability to communicate with young people and explain how media plays a significant role in everyday modern life. I thought that this would be a good occasion to contribute in a learning environment that involves agendas of my study. Also, this will prepare me to develop an understanding of how we perceive the world by teaching students the importance of the media as well as train to become a media teacher


Whilst at Leyton Sixth Form College I was able to hold a cake sale twice for funding my short Drama. Everyone around me was kind and supportive. (Lieberman & Miller, 1999) pointed out that the practice of reflective teaching, reflective inquiry, and reflection-on practice, results in gaining of the personal and professional knowledge that is so important to being an effective teacher and in shaping children's learning. In this case being able to ask ‘what’ and ‘why’ questions give certain powers to individuals as they are concerned about their learning outcomes and transformations of what they learn in an everyday classroom life. 


This experience has successfully permitted me to progress my communication skills and meeting the needs of student learning. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment